Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Now Playing: The King's Speech

The King’s Speech was the last movie I’d felt desperate to watch before the GG’s were on (of which I subsequently missed the first hour and am disappointed only due to missing Mr. Gervais’ opening monologue). I was looking forward to it, as I do enjoy a good British movie.

Sadly, I was a bit disappointed. I mean, everything was okay, but nothing spectacular. Acting was good, directing was good. I did disagree with whatever treatment they gave to the film, which made it feel grimy. Yes, very WWII-esque, but really unnecessary. And, though it is a historical movie, it was so predictable. I don’t feel like I've learned anything useful at all. There were moments where I was so bored, I was falling asleep! 

All in all, over-rated. 2.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments: