Saturday, July 17, 2010

Now Playing: Despicable Me

I normally don't do animated films, but Despicable Me really caught my attention. I love my villians, so when I was Steve Carell was going to play one, I thought "done!"

So, the story is about Gru, an aging super-villain who is being upstaged by someone younger (less talent, more connections) and who decides to use three orphan girls to get a jump on the nerd. The three orphans are pretty cute, but not in a saccharine way - they're funny and witty, sometimes naughty, sometimes scared, ... you know, like real little girls. My favourite moment? The theme park (this version is edited, so it's even better in the movie)!

I'm sure you're going to be able to figure out how it all ends, but who cares? This one is great. Go see it, especially if you have little ones you can enjoy it with. 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments: