Friday, July 04, 2008

roaring twenties

My Birthday Weekend (tm) commenceth! I started it off by writing gobs of cheques for my new condo (more on that later), but it promises to get better! Tonight, I predrink a bottle of red wine, I party with my people at Funhaus, and have Senator bring me back to the 'burbs.. Love you Senator! Tomorrow, I wake up early and stave off my (inevitable) hangover by attending a sneak preview of Journey to the Centre of the Earth at 10am (A.M.!?!? I'm crazy. I know. But it's free.) I'm sure Senator will coax me out of bed. Then I allow my mom to celebrate her birthday during my Birthday Weekend (tm) by letting her cook yummy food which I will then eat and for which I will compliment her. Sunday means opening Hollywood presents: this year, they send me Will Smith in a rubber suit. He joins the ranks of Johnny, Keanu and Christian. Welcome to the club, Mr. Smith! After that, Montana's has decided to bring back AYCE ribs just for me, so I'll be there to ... wait for it... PORK OUT! FYI: I'm also allowed unlimited punnage during my Birthday Weekend (tm). On Monday, the dawning of the Seventh, sees me at the lawyer's office with aforementioned cheques, then at Baskin Robbins for celebratory ice cream, free lunch with the boys (yay Tony Roma's!) and getting Smart with the 'rentals! *sigh* all weekend should be Birthday Weekends (tm).

I greet my late twenties with a salute and a wink. Here's to many more celebrations that bring me together with the people that matter. Let the fun times roll!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy it now because I just realized that most of my friend's 35th birthday passed with barely a nod or a gift.

DK

Malecasta said...

so did most of my friends' 28ths... this has no effect on me :)